Saturday, September 30, 2006

my fucking family

Support from ones family is probably the one thing that keeps a lot of people going. Over the past 4 – 6 months I have come to realize that my family as spread out all over the country as we are does not have the ability to understand or support me. I have tried to wrap my head around the meaning of this – and have given each of them - in different ways - breaks on their lack of interest in my world – but it stops here. I am making the stance – I can not longer listen to them tell me I am not being responsible with my life. A few years back I had a boss that stopped talking to his family because of their lack of support for his work with puppets. When he would tell me his stories of how he reached the point of not communicating with them – I would judge him and think how sad it was…and thought how lucky I was to be blessed with family that was not like that. I am - I am just in rough patch that I will work my through like I have in the past…but this time I will truly do it on my own. So, here I go.

No comments: