Thursday, November 16, 2006

Borat

i took this photo back in July. I was not really sure what it was. It grabbed my attention however. I did go and see Borat a few days ago. Sure it is hilarious – but only because it is filled with compassion. I love the sayings: “sexy time”, “great success” “high five”. There is a lot of controversy brewing around it as well: banned in Russia, Kazakhstan wants to sue, ignorant frat boyz suing…and so on. I think this has more to do with the money the film is making than anything else. Now if you are a person who gets offended easily – or can not laugh at how ridicules we are as a country – the extremes, divides, ignorance…than you will hate – hate this movie. The rodeo portion the man talking to Borat a bout gays and such…this man is so true to those in my hometown…anyway…really, really brilliant!


No comments: