Thursday, October 05, 2006

who i want to meet


I have read nearly all of Haruki Murakami novels and short stories. I am powering through the 24 short stories in Blind Willow Sleeping Woman. There is something about his writing that is at one point so familiar - like a thought you had but never came up with quite the right words to express perhaps - or maybe not even formed it into a thought cause words were not what it was - in saying all of that his stories are also surprising and take you on such a journey. It is like a dream when you first wake up you remember portions - splashes and all day you keep going back to it all day to connect the dots.
I do not have a lot of time to read....or at least to way I woudl like to. I do wish and hope that some day I could meet Haruki and talk to him about his process.

No comments: